Success experts are routinely saying that achieving success is hard. But, that simply is not true.
It’s not what you have to figure out, what you need to do, get or even how you need to go about it that’s hard. There is only one thing alone that can make it difficult, IF, you let it. You see, it’s all within your own power and control, to either let it get in your way or not get in your way.
The one thing that can make it easy or hard to achieve success is fortitude. Without it, the road to success is hard, if not impossible.
www.dictionary.com defines fortitude as: Mental and emotional strength in facing difficulty, adversity, danger, or temptation courageously.
Here are a few examples of how a lack of fortitude manifests itself:
- When encountering a “no”, you accept it and don’t try to overcome the objection.
- When told “It’s never been done that way before for a reason”, you accept the statement as fact and don’t investigate further and give up on your idea.
- When an expert tells you, “It’s just not standard practice and I don’t advise you to pursue that path”, you readily accept their opinion without doing further research and analysis.
- When encountering early failure you give up, making failure final rather than a sign to approach your goal from a new angle.
- When in fear, you freeze up and turn your decision making over to someone else.
- When tempted with a “sure thing” that would take you away from your major goal, you give in to temptation and give up on your own dream.
A person with fortitude, however, does not easily roll over, give up, quit or turn their power over to others. In fact, they redouble their effort when they are hardest hit. Rejection, naysayers, and challenges cause them to become more determined than ever to find the means and ways to make their dream become a reality.
“Fortitude implies a firmness and strength of mind, that enables us to do and suffer as we ought. It rises upon an opposition, and, like a river, swells the higher for having its course stopped”.
– Jeremy Collier
How then, does one develop fortitude? To get the mental and emotional strength you need to achieve maximum success in minimum time, you’ll need to take a holistic approach to your life. That means taking care of the whole person that you are, mentally, physically, emotionally and financially.
Here are the top Four Ways to Fortify Yourself to Achieve 10X Success:
1. Reduce Decision Making: We’re bombarded daily with countless opportunities to drain our mental energy. Prioritize your decision making and focus only on what you need to do to advance your goal. Eliminate frivolous and unnecessary decision making.
2. Take Sound Care of Your Physical Body: Aside from the obvious of eating a brain/body smart diet, getting enough rest and exercise; be discerning what invitations you accept and events you decide to attend. Every physical demand placed on your body, is a demand placed on your mind and time. Be sure the expense is supportive of your overall wealth and well-being.
3. Regularly Engage in Spiritual Practices: Faith replaces fear and becomes fortitude. Keep your faith strong, emotions in a rational state and mindset positive through prayer and/or mediation.
4. Manage Your Money Mind Set: Don’t allow your mind to manage you. Take command and control of your mind. When financial fear strikes and takes hold of you, immediately replace it with a positive though, visualize a positive outcome, and then take rational action.
You are stronger than you think. You can do more than you can possibly ever imagine. You can succeed amidst seemingly impossible odds.
In Closing My Shocking Confession: The renowned doctors told me “It can’t be done and you will die if you do that”. The attorneys told me “If you do that you will lose everything”. People in my industry told me “You’ll never succeed because you’re too honest”. In the face of every mental, physical and financial challenge, I listened, read, researched and then took a time out to turn to my higher power for faith, courage and direction ….and, in every instance, to the shock of many, succeeded against all odds.