Remember when we were little kids and our parents or teachers told us “use your words”? What they forgot to tell us is that the words we chose to use can either cause us to succeed or fail.
And, then there’s the sage advice given by some of the greatest success gurus of all time to be aware that “thoughts become things”. But, what’s a lesser known fact is that “words become your reality”.
Every single written or spoken word has impact. That impact can either be positive or negative. Words cast out into the world are like little energetic boomerang’s that will return to you at some point in time.
How they return to you is within your own control. You can choose for them to come back as gifts, blessings, wishes come true and packets of goodness, and success, or you can allow them to come back as maelstroms which have the power to disrupt or diminish your own peace, contentment, quality of life and success.
The words you choose to use can make or break-up a career, relationship or the world we live in.
“If we understood the power of our thoughts, we would guard them more closely. If we understood the awesome power of our words, we would prefer silence to almost anything negative. In our thoughts and words, we create our own weaknesses and our own strengths. Our limitations and joys begin in our hearts. We can always replace negative with positive.” -Betty Eadie
Words are free and they wield great power. Why not use them to your supreme advantage to attain and sustain the successful life that you desire.
Elevate Your Success to New Heights by Practicing These Top 7 Wordsmithing Tips:
- Practice self-restraint by pausing and thinking before you speak. Act don’t react.
- Use your words to inspire, motivate, comfort, seek to understand, find common ground and to moderate.
- Always remember that less is more. Keep it simple and direct.
- When choosing your words, in any/every setting, understand that they will come back at you at some point in time, so be sure you choose accordingly.
- Chose words that reflect humility, confidence and your core values.
- Speak honestly, with compassion and the intent to help rather than hinder individual and collective progress. There is no such thing as a good lie. Don’t use your words to codependent others bad habits and behavior.
- Use words that reflect the positive reality and prosperous world that you wish to create and live in.
In Closing my shocking confession: As a child and a young woman, I wanted to be liked and loved by everyone. I wanted to make everyone happy. And, I wanted to be heard. I learned very early on that if I told people what they wanted to hear, they’d listen to what I had to say, like me and they’d scamper away feeling happy. BOOM, fast forward. Through my own evolution, I realized how selfish I was being. I wasn’t helping anybody at all, including myself. I learned the hard way, the wisdom, benefits and rewards of compassionate, yet “tough love talk”. It’s the short-cut to success in all matters, virtually for one and for all.
Everyone has a dream. And, most people believe they need lots and lots of money to make their dream become a reality. This belief is what I call the “Money Woes Me Mindset”. Money is indeed a mindset.
Here’s a quick n’ easy money mindset test for you to gauge your current money mindset. You can do this in a blink of an eye and nobody is around to bear witness to the results. The results will give you clarity where your money mind set is at.
Step 1: Visualize the biggest goal you desire to achieve—see it in picture perfect detail.
Step 2: Now ask yourself “What’s it going to take to attain it?”
What was your answer? Did it have anything to do with money?
Or did it have to do with your own efforts? Your answer will give you a perspective on if you’re in the Money Woes or Money Wins position.
The Money Wins Mindset isn’t what you may think it is. It isn’t about mastering positive thinking so that you’ll succeed at winning windfalls of money. The Money Wins Mindset is: “My Message Masters Money and My Success is achieved, not based upon how much or how little money I have, but by knowing, living, and speaking the truth and conviction of My own personal message”.
To convert Money Woes to Money Wins, and adopt a Money Wins Belief System, follow these steps:
1. Have A Clear and Present Vision of Success. Have you checked in with yourself lately to create or update your vision of success? Often, over the course of time, one’s vision of success may change. Be sure to be clear on what your current vision is and why you may have updated it. What’s your new vision board look like?
2. Know Your Message. What specifically is it? Why is it important to you and others?
3. Marry Your Message to Your Values. To succeed at attaining your dream, your message must be consistent with your core values. What are your core values? If a conflict exists between them, then success, especially sustainable success, is not going to occur.
4. Move Your Mission Forward Daily. Understand that “Mission” is a verb. Your mission is to act on and exemplify all the above daily. A mission statement without application has no utility or ability to achieve success.
5. Never Give Up on Your Message. Life is about both successes and set-backs. A Successful Person is one who does not allow themselves to give up on their Vision. They are the ones still standing and speaking out their message to the world, no matter what.
Live, eat, breathe your message and not money! And, become directed, rather than directionless, and watch as maximum riches flood into every aspect of your life and the lives of others.
In Closing My Shocking Confession: I’m a journal writer and I have journals going back to the 1980’s (when I was 2 yrs old LOL). My entry notes and prayers were …”Dear God, make the following deals go through and let them bring in $ X amount of money.” Looking back, the vast majority did not go through and I struggled financially. Fast forward, 1990. I experienced a spiritual awakening that resulted in a mind shift. My mind moved away from poverty consciousness, money fears and moved to focusing and acting on messages received through consciously connecting with a higher power. I began to focus on making my thoughts, words, and actions be reflective of and directed by these divine messages. I journaled, “Dear God, direct me in your will and way for me for the highest good of all concerned, amen.” I began to experience a new peace, passion and prosperity. I became directed, rather than directionless.